miercuri, 15 august 2012

Story other will tell

My best friend is leaving for Canada and he asked me to drop the papers for him. I took a cab when I went there cause I was in a hurry but I decided to take the bus back. Now, anybody who knows me has also knowledge of the fact that I easily get lost. Actually I am so disoriented that I could effortless arrive on the twelfth plane of torment on my way to the kitchen. So, I take a bus thinking it's the right one, do a mental research about the number of the bus, decide it's the right one, consider to ask the lady next to me for reassurance. She gives me this merciful look and says 'oh, honey, it's the right one but it's the wrong direction.' To which I answer 'oh, should've thought so. This happens fairly often.' She raised a suspicioso eyebrow and considered that she has to explain to me how to get on the other side, in the right direction. Meaning she showed me the zebra crossing and that I should cross it and then wait for the same bus on THAT side of the street. I just smiled dumbly and said nothing. Which made her wonder if I really understood. I bet she followed me with her glance as I got off the bus, crossed the street and I also bet she went home and said to her husband/children/grandchildren 'There was this girl I met on the bus..'

Niciun comentariu: